Before filling out the form, ensure that:
- You know your McGill FOAPAL. If you do not know your FOAPAL, check with the point of contact for your governing body (ie if you are a SSMU club, you can ask SSMU’s VP Finance).
- If you do NOT have a FOAPAL and are requesting a Direct Deposit into your group’s bank account: in order for your student group to be eligible for the electronic payment service, we require this Direct Deposit Form-Eng (Canadian Suppliers Only) be completed by your student group, signed (by hand or digitally), scanned and sent to us by e-mail along with a scanned copy of your void cheque. The address on the cheque must match the address captured in the form. Otherwise, a bank letter is required with the appropriate account and address information.
Section 1: Applicant Information
Section 2: Payment Information
*Please note: 1) all McGill affiliated student groups have access to a FOAPAL account through your governing body, and 2) funds cannot be distributed to personal bank accounts; direct deposits must only be directed to the student group bank account.
If paying by direct deposit:
*Please note: The address on the cheque must match the address captured in the form. Otherwise, a bank letter is required with the appropriate account and address information.
Section 3: Details of Funding Request
Section 4: Detailed Budget
Please indicate with a star (*) the expense line item for which the sponsorship will support.
In the case of a publication, please include circulation figures and provide a copy of the most recent issue to firstname.lastname@example.org
Section 5: Details of Event/Initiative
Please provide a brief summary to include the following:
- Description of the project;
- Measures for evaluating outside-the-classroom student experiences and/or student-alumni engagement
Section 6: Committee Details
Please provide the names, title, and email addresses of additional members involved in the organization of this project.
Section 7: Additional Assistance
Please let us know if your group needs additional assistance from the McGill Alumni Association (such as Alumni experts, speakers, panelists, etc.).
Section 8: Project and Post-Event Requirements
During your project/activity: Promote your project on social media and tag any of the following McGill Alumni social media accounts when appropriate. Please also like/follow these accounts.
Following your project/activity, you are to complete the following:
- A Post-Event Summary Report that will be sent to you if and when granted funding
- You may also submit any relevant content that was created for cross-promotional purposes in communications, print or electronic. Acceptable content can includes but is not limited to:
– A written summary of your project (approx. 300-500 words). This can include an overview of the project, a particular story that emerges, lessons learned, etc.
– Photos, Instagram/Facebook/Twitter posts, speaker presentations, speaker quotes.
- A Post-Event Survey (to be sent via email)
In addition, you may be invited to make a short presentation to the Board of the McGill Alumni Association. This presentation should include a short summary of your initiative, what you learned about the topic and what future plans you have for your initiative.
I acknowledge and agree to what is required of my student group during our project and following the completion of our project.